NEW YORK – November 10, 2016 – Ugam, a global leader in managed analytics, today announced its list of the U.S. Top 100 Trending Electronics, Toys and Games as part of its 2016 Holiday Season report. Comprising the top trending consumer electronics, toys and games, the list demonstrates how retailers can best evaluate their assortment to improve their holiday season competitiveness.
The highlights of the analysis include the following:
- Amazon’s all-new Fire HD 8 Tablet is the most-trending product in the electronics category.
- Samsung has more products (21) than any other brand in the U.S. top trending list of electronics. It was followed by Amazon (9), and Sceptre (5).
- The top categories on the trending electronics list are TVs (27), followed by Cameras (11), and Tablet Computers (8).
- The median price of the top five trending electronics is $94.99.
- Same as the previous year, Cards Against Humanity is the most-trending product in the toys and games category.
- Fisher-Price has more products (13) than any other brand in the U.S. top trending list of toys and games. It was followed by Lego (10) and Hasbro (9).
- The top categories on the trending toys list are Learning and Development toys (21), followed by Dollhouses and Playsets (19), and Outdoor Games (13).
- The median price of the top five trending toys and games is $23.25.
To determine the Top 100 Trending Products, Ugam first identified the consumer electronics, toys and games available across major U.S. online retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy. Using its proprietary big data platform, Ugam calculated a popularity score for each product, called Ugam’s Shopper Intent Index (SII), by aggregating consumer demand data such as search volume, social media signals and online reviews and ratings. Ugam’s SII scores were determined based on data collected on October 24, 2016.
View the complete list of the Top 100 Trending Electronics, Toys and Games.
As part of its third annual Holiday Season report, Ugam will announce subsequent holiday season analysis, highlighting insights that matter to manufacturers and retailers during this critical period.
Ugam is a global leader in managed analytics that helps retailers, brands and market research firms transform big data into valuable insights. The company’s unique managed services offering combines a proprietary big data technology platform with deep domain knowledge and analytics expertise to empower clients to make decisions that improve their business. For retailers, online marketplaces and brands, Ugam supports better merchandising, marketing and channel management decisions through the use of analytics. For market research firms and insight-based consultancies, Ugam offers a portfolio of solutions including end-to-end research operations, technology transitioning support, and data warehousing, visualization and reporting that enables them to better serve their clients. Five of the top 10 U.S. retailers, many of the world’s largest brands and online marketplaces, and 13 of the top 25 market research firms work with Ugam because of its ability to deliver high-quality insights with unmatched customer experience.
For more details, please contact: